Loot Snob Download and Installation Instructions

Did you make your own loot profile, or special settings profile for a certain area? What about a nice UI setup? Share it here!
Immortalbob
Site Admin

Loot Snob Download and Installation Instructions

Post #1 »

LootSnobV4.utl
Download here!!!
(393.49 KiB) Downloaded 17173 times
Donations:
If you enjoy the work I have done, and would like to donate, please click here.

Instructions for the less technically inclined:

Here's a quick step by step to use my profile.

1. Download my loot profile above.

2. Drag and drop the lootsnobv4.utl file from your download directory into your vtank directory located at:
  • C:\games\virindiplugins\vtank
    C:\Program Files\VirindiPlugins\VirindiTank (on windows XP)
3. Go back one directory and then into the VT classic looter folder, open the utank settings editor, click file then open, select lootsnobv4

4. Look through it, toggle on the rules you want on, and edit the settings to your personal preferences.

5. Once you have it set the way you like click file, then save.

6. Load up AC, and you should see the profile in the drop down menu on the profiles tab in Vtank.
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Quick notes on how some things work:
Weapons/Wands:
F = Finesse
L = Light
H = Heavy
M = Missile
W = Wand

Melee weapons:
OD: what i refer to as over damage, anything with greater damage than maxbd8
MaxBD8: maximum top end damage, with blood drinker 8, and a medium or greater variance
20/20, 25/15, 15/25, 22/18, 18/22: weapons with max top end damage, no bd8, maximum mods or better
4%: weapons with max top end damage, no bd8, and 4% magicd mod
25D, 25A: spear/staff only rules for dual wielders for max damage weapons with 25 attack or def mods

Buffedmaxdamage on weapons is max damage+2 for bd8 so a 68 damage axe with bd8 would be 70 in the profile. It will also take into account blood thirst cantrips to meet the requirement listed, so a 66 damage axe with bd8 and minor bt would still equal 70 and be looted.

Missile weapons:
The names on these pretty much list what they are, if no bd8 specified then no bd8

Formula for missile values: damage modifier / 3 + damage bonus + bd8 + bloodthirst cantrip

Wands:
No wield is no war wield requirement, level requirement will still be looted regardless
21+: anything over 20 melee defense
20/4: 20 meleed and 4% magicd or better
13/15: max elemental damage bonus, Spirit Drinker 8/minor spirit thirst, 15 melee defense or better
12/4: max elemental damage bonus, 4% magicd

Armor:
buffedarmorlevel on armor takes into account impen cantrips, so if i have a min buffed armor level of 240 it will pick up anything with base 240 armor, or 220 with minor impen, or 200 with major impen, or 180 with epic impen

let me know if you have any questions.
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Moved download location to forums. See above in this thread.
Immortalbob of MT

Sojumonkey

Post #4 »

I noticed when I turned on Jet salvage it still wasn't looting.

Apparently their was no workmanship line added. Can you check it? Cheers.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

Sojumonkey wrote:I noticed when I turned on Jet salvage it still wasn't looting.

There's no workmanship added because it is imbue salvage. It should still be able to loot it based on material. I'll do some testing today to verify.

Edit: It works fine for me...
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #6 »

some monster types/levels won't drop specific salvages, for example nothing over 200 drops hematite or a few other types of jewelry imbue salvage

Sojumonkey

Post #7 »

Immortalbob wrote:
Sojumonkey wrote:I noticed when I turned on Jet salvage it still wasn't looting.

There's no workmanship added because it is imbue salvage. It should still be able to loot it based on material. I'll do some testing today to verify.

Edit: It works fine for me...

thanks sry about that. I guess Olthoi Slayers/Slashers don't drop Jet lol. My Bad!

zen1605

Post #8 »

Am I missing it, or is there no built in rule for Trinkets?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #9 »

trinkets are jewelry, and are handled by that section.
Immortalbob of MT

Kellyanne Conway

Post #10 »

All hail Bob the Immortal!

Thanks for this! Can really say I appreciate the work that went into it.